Sunday, January 3, 2010

Byeee 2009

Had an eventful week over New Year's. First was Sherlock Holmes on the Eve. Set in the London underground with grime and dirt smoking up the scenes of sinister secret society, it made for interesting pre-dinner recreation. The movie was okay except Downey and Law in their Americanized British accent were incomprehensible. Plus the fact the Downey shot out his words in rapid fire made the whole movie a blurry flurry hocus pocus of fight scenes and black magic hotpot.

I found it hard to follow the action. Maybe it's because the screen was HUGE and I was hard-pressed to take in everything at such close distance. I found myself literally pressing hard against the back of my chair and gaping up at the screen, mouth open and writhing uncomfortably to find my comfort zone. I am not a fan of Holmes and from cartoons, the impression of this inspector is more of a nerdy intellectual decked out in checkered tartan trench coat. So it was a little peculiar to find Robert Downey portraying him as a drugged out, crude, irreverent man.

Dinner was at Crystal Jade Xiao Long Bao. I slurped down the fiery Spicy La Mian with Sliced Beef. It was super hot but absolutely satisfying.

Then it was off to Sentosa Siloso Beach Party!!





And oh yeah...we headed right for the Main Arena where all the action was. Photo taken we got swallowed by the crowd. It was a sweaty affair. And I had an issue with this girl curly-haired who pushed her way in front of me, then bobbed her ponytail in my face as I tried not to eat some hair.




This was taken by my pro photographer friend who found us in the crowd. 



There was this trampoline thingy where one overworked and disgruntled operator  entertained the long snaky queue. We waited 1.5hours for a minute of adrenalin rush.This is probably the most unglam pic of me yet. I gave the 50 odd people below a unflattering view of my fat ass as i did a somersault.
















Then...my absolute fav part... FOAM PARTY!!!

And of course, any beach party worth its penny must have the ubiquitous foam party. I haven't been to one before (yah I know...very 'toot' right). I had a hard time trying to keep foam out of my eyes. Especially without ruining my makeup.



Last NYE, some guy asked me if Dave was my boyfriend. 
Turned out he was a gay man trying to poach my man. This year a gal asked me if Dave was my boyfriend. I thought it would be too lengthy trying to explain my marital status at a foam party so I said yes. She dragged me to dance with her guy friends (who looked really young) anyway. Dunno why she bothered asking.



And here were some fun moments courtesy of Tarzan. 


We got home at 6am, in time to hear the birds chirping at dawn before plonking myself into bed.


No comments: