Monday, January 18, 2010

Lavaedge & Choya Red




Went to the launch of Choya Red Plum Liquer at Lavaedge. Lavaedge is located at the far east of Singapore, off Changi Village. It is situated next to a nursery. Or maybe it is part of the nursery itself. It is managed by the same people behind Bark Cafe, who have a taste for F & B outlets at quaint but ulu locations. You might want to drive there instead of relying on public transport.


If you're not familiar with Choya, it's the Japanese liquer that is currently available at supermarkets. It has  more of a drink-at-home type of image but they want to revamp it such that it is available at clubs. Thus, they have enlisted Christy Yow's help as brand ambassador. Christy is a up and coming starlet with assets of 36C. Look out for her in the Rose Chan movie by Eric Khoo. She is ready to strip I hear. The last photo below has her standing next to her manager Terence, who's a PR whiz.


Drinks were free-flow and I got seriously drunk. Since I used to drink Choya, and was more of a recreational drink, I didn't expect to get sloshed with only a few glasses. I think it was cos I skipped dinner and also because I was so busy talking with new friends about the resident ghost at MediaCorp called Elizabeth. They have moved back to Andrew Rd recently, and my friend goes to work very early. She said this cheerful ghost has said "HI!!!" to her and friends, but only 2 of them heard it. On another occasion, she heard a sigh but there was no one around. Then another lady saw a door slam for no apparent reason. She has since taken to blasting the speakers and TV at work. Hahah.


So when I stood up to leave, I needed help to get to the toilet to puke. The toilet was located precariously besides a pond. I didn't relish the thought of being the first drunk to grace the pond with my presence. The night was over after that. I couldn't even walk straight although I was coherent and I knew what was going on. My tummy also hurt from all the alcohol.


So the point is: don't underestimate Choya.

No comments: