Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Avatar

I have been getting serious dark eye rings, and spare tyres around my middle. Also have been carefully cultivating a pimple plantation on my face thanks to Royce chocolate (too good to stop!) and late nights with big screens and small screens.

Yesterday was a midnight sojourn to Junction 8 to watch Avatar, the hottest James Cameron movie. It lives up to its name I must say. The concept was well thought out and there was quite a lot of attention to the finer details such as an alien language, alien plants and animals, floating mountains etc. It was a mish-mash of Pocohontas meets Eragon meets Matrix.

I didn't fancy the blue reptile skin the "natives" had, and the movie was inconsistent with the landscaping. If this was a different planet, how come some portions looked uncannily like tropical rainforests while others was filled with wonderful, awe-inspiring plants. The scientific gibberish they came up with to explain away this new technology also whizzed past my head.

Other than that, there were many moments of "WAH, so niceeee!" from my friend Angie. I also liked some of the cute plants and insects they had and how the ground lit up when stepped on. Furthermore, I must say the protagonist had spunk. She was all attitude, and it was cool. The plot was also refreshing and kept us guessing on how bows and arrows were gonna win the spaceships and helicopters.

I'd sum up with "this one must watch!"

No comments: