Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Star Awards 2010

I had the privilege of getting a VIP invitation to Star Awards, held at Resort Worlds this year. We inadvertently stumbled into a room full of celebrities waiting to walk the red carpet. It was interesting rubbing shoulders with them later on at the post-award party. Pic taken with Stephanie and hubby was at the lobby outside the ballroom. We had good seats behind the celebs on the 4th row..


 Dashing Pierre Png without his Andrea. It was quite fun to be surrounded by a bevy of stars, and seeing if they look quite as good in person. I was also extremely famished and was happy to dig in to quality finger food Hard Rock Hotel served.

Jeannette Aw overjoyed with her win at the post-award party. She's really slim in person, about my size actually, but slimmer. And she has great complexion. Just dunno why she chose this lilac chiffon dress that didn't set her skin off at all. It looked like a wedding cake to me, sad to say. Eelyn Kok had the best gown. It was sequinned white bustier that looked absolutely celestial.

Terrence Cao! I used to have a huge crush on him a decade ago so I was really delighted to take a picture with him. He's so wrinkle-free...must be botox, haha. Heard he's getting married this year.

For some reason, Christopher Lee looks like some upmarket pauper with this look. Sorry Chris, but seriously, that HAIR and the goatee is most unbecoming. It's like...er, what happened to your face?? I suppose that's how he keeps his fans fascinated. All these different up-dos every now and then. I say, get a hair cut, friend.

Another of my fav...Dai Yang Tian. He has this lackadaisical air about him on his tall lanky frame that the gals go gaga over. Super cool! Wonder who styled his hair though...a little pretentious.

Here's Jeanette again, changed to go home. She has this endearing aura about her, although when I passed her on the streets years ago when she was starting out, I wasn't too impressed. She came across as cocky then.

Michelle Chong aka Barbarella! I really like this multi-talented actress. She is about to straddle Channel 5 and 8 equally well, both hosting and acting. She has a rare comic talent and does accents really well. Love her Filipino accent in the Noose. Didn't expect her to be this tall though.

Mark Lee, ever the funny man. I felt really comfortable with him.

The name of this handsome guy escapes me, but I think he's really got potential, judging from his recent roles. Haha, had the chance to be squashed up close and personal to admire his boyish good looks. Great complexion...it's the Sichuan genes I think.

And here's Shawn with us three. He's the lucky hubby of Michelle Chia, who has a bod to die for. My friend Stephanie was so close I wonder if her hubby is having a jealous fit.

Perennial favourite...Fann Wong. Her manager wouldn't allow us to take a shot with her. She's almost like royalty, gracefully gliding about the ballroom.

Royston Tan, director of 12 Lotus, 881. He recognised me straightaway.."Mrs Singapore!!!" he exclaimed before I could introduce myself as Carol's friend. Quirky, humble fella. Very likeable.

The End

No comments: