Monday, December 1, 2008

Gloomy Day @ Sentosa






The weather was undecided so we were vacillating between a lazy slouchy stay-home day and fun-in-the-sun day. I was decidedly upset with the sun. Why can't it just work overtime like everyone else in Singapore?! Grrr!! I sulked as I sat on a deck chair getting fried by Mr Sun and drenched by Mr Drizzle alternately.
Ok, I'm positively Singaporean...more complaints coming up. Besides the gloomy weather, which made Palawan beach look like an oversized longkang, the water was murky and green-brown in colour. Just 2 steps in and you can't see your toes... The sea floor was even worse! I cringed as my toes dug into the slippery muddy floor. All these seaweed danced around my ankles like willows in the wind. What's wrong with Singapore beaches?? Whoever said that Sentosa beaches are white and clean is lying!

When I visited Siloso beach, not much of it was left after "Songs of the Seas" obliterated much of the landscape, leaving a small private beach for privileged guests of a certain restaurant. So pathetic!

Tiger seemed to be the only one having fun. Here's photos of him doing a bit (literally) of  swimming. Like me, he didn't get too far.



And here's Tiger after his bath at the public toilets. Now I've got something to say about the regulation against pets using public toilets. Apparently some Singaporeans think that toilets are meant for the sole use of homo sapiens and all other species must be bannedHow else are our dogs gonna get cleaned at with this stupid regulation?



No comments: