Thursday, January 1, 2009

Privacy Violated

Last night at a New Year's Eve Party, something happened to me that made me feel very violated. A friend (let's call him S) picked up my camera that I had left on the table and casually scrolled through my gallery of personal pictures. To compound the offence, he even showed and commented on some of the pictures to his friend, whom i did not know very well.

These pictures contained some from work, my design inspirations, gathering of friends (that he did not know), my dog, videos, and even holiday pictures of myself and hubby in our bikini and trunks. These holiday pictures contained some 'hammy' poses that we took for our private enjoyment.

I've only know S for a few months, and I was really pissed with him for it. What kind of manners is this? No sense of respect or courtesy. The only people who can do this are family. And even if my mom or dad went through my pictures, I might even feel a tad uncomfortable. I should be thankful I wasn't in the habit of taking nude pictures of myself as some (ahem) celebrities are in the custom of.

Anyway I resolved the matter with a phone call today and S apologized for it. I think making a stance for what I believed in made me feel much much better. And I think for him, hopefully it is a lesson learned.


No comments: