Friday, January 2, 2009

3D Cinema


I went to watch Bolt (Fully Awesome!!) in 3 D recently. The experience was a tad disappointing. I had watched 3D animation at Warner Bros in Gold Coast, Australia where the images pop out from the screen and swim over your heads, and was expecting a similar experience.

Let me list the ways it was not up to expectation:
  1. Like I said, the images appeared 3D but they stayed safely inside the screen. No images of Bolt rushing into your face anytime.
  2. We had to arrive slightly earlier to collect the 3D glasses.
  3. The glasses were heavy and uncomfortable (besides making you look like the Ultimate Geek.) The rim scratched my nose.
  4. If you decided to take them off, expect to see blurred images.
  5. Live in fear and trepidation of losing/damaging your glasses if you do not wish to pay tenfold for the movie.
So it seems I will not be watching a 3D movie anytime soon...

No comments: