Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tiger and SKC Show


I'm proud to announce that Tiger participated in the Singapore Kennel Club Obedience Trials and won 4th placement in the Pre Novice class. He passed the Novice class. Would have gotten 5th if there was a trophy for that.

We started the day really early about 7am. Tiger was obviously distracted in the new place at Singapore Expo and I was so worried. He kept turning his head at every noise and sniffing the floor. I sized up the competition and most dogs looked better prepared than Tiger. He only started preparing in December whereas his classmates had been training at advanced levels already.

At the Pre Novice, I was so nervous. It was the first time for both of us and I didn't know what to expect. Tiger was wonderful however. It seemed he knew that I needed him to be at his best. He gave me his full attention and did so well for the Recall exercise by plonking himself directly in front of me. The judge was very happy with him it seemed.

At Novice, Tiger did relatively well. Until I stepped on his foot during the heelwork. Ouch...sorry Tiger. Otherwise he could have been 4th. Sigh!

Anyway, to say the least, I'm so proud of dear dear Tiger. He's made me so happy as his mommy.

No comments: