Sunday, February 8, 2009

Meet Sonic the Hedgehog

This is Super the baby hedgehog at 45 days old. His girlfriend is Sonic (name courtesy of Nintendo)...and together they are Super Sonic! haha corny! 

Anyway, compared to his girlfriend/sister, he's really introverted, nervous and quite cranky. He has no qualms about pricking your fingers if he doesn't quite like you. Most of the time he prefers to lounge in his little makeshift house/cardboard container. (For the record, I'm buying a proper one when I find time to do so...OK?)

Today, I found a small green worm on a vegetable I was about to saute. Heard that worm protein was good for their development, so I offered it to both of them. They declined and of course, I couldn't just leave the wriggling thingy in their tank, so I took it out again.

I proceeded to kitchen with the worm precariously hanging on my toothpick, trying to make up my mind whether to drown it or just throw it, and at the same time, worrying about the worm making its way along the toothpick towards my finger. Then suddenly, the worm sort of had a long plunging fall to my kitchen floor. To my horror and utmost disgust, Tiger my doggy, being his friendly furry self, decided to give it a lick. It disappeared. I looked at my empty toothpick, the floor and Tiger. Then it dawned on me...TIGER HAD EATEN A WORM!!! Yukkks!!!! I was so totally grossed out I can't even begin to describe how horrible it was.

My baby cute adorable sweet Tiger just ate a worm! He's not gonna kiss me for a long long time!

No comments: