Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Phuket Part II

I seem to be doing a lot of these blogs in parts. I realize it's due to the large file size of my DSLR pics that they are taking so long to upload.

Anyway, so here's more of my Phuket trip. One of the activities that we were looking forward to was horseback riding. Check out this lodge in the Laguna area, near to the Banyan Tree. I've forgotten the name, but your friendly concierge should be able to help.

 First things first, I look hideous with that ill-fitting helmet, I know. All the helmets of the right size were out of stock on that busy day. So much for safety regulations. Secondly, my fashion sense gave way to practicalities that day. Long sleeves were protection against the sun, and besides, the track-shoes-with jeans look never really worked for me.



The hour long ride was almost uneventful, given that the stable boy was leading the way almost all of the time. He has a tough job, taking us tourists on walks. In order to get the horse to trot just a bit, he has to run alongside and release the reins. Then when he has enough, or when one of us seem in danger of falling off the horse, he would have to grab the reins again.

The ride along the beach was rather painful for me mainly because the stirrups were too big for my feet. My feet kept slipping through and it made riding quite hard. At the end of the hour, I got 2 big abrasions on my ankles that are still not healing well. :(

The horses there are not really well-trained, so they don't respond to our commands. I gave up trying and just sat there like some dead weight. The horse did have a mind of his own and tried to throw me off at one point though.

.
.
.
Here's one lovely heart shape potato chip!


Here's more of the room at Marriott, in case you're interested...


 They have a well-equipped kitchen. We tried cooking one nite...it works! haha! Plus the best part...no need to wash up!! 


One thing to note, especially for iphone users, is that there is NO WIFI in the room! There is a cable you can connect to your lappie, but it really kills not to have wifi! I bought a card thinking that would solve the problem, only to find out that I can only use it in the lobby, restaurant and lounge areas! Duh!


.
.
.


Gorgeous sunset pic. I took like a dozen pictures here...an opportunity to camwhore!




This lizard will greet you at the entrance of the Ceramic Kitchen, Laguna, Phuket. Awesome restaurant. The food was fantastic. We had some pitas as well as tomyum soup (which was off the menu, btw). The awesome thing about this place is that they have a studio/workshop for pottery, and they have a gallery of ceramic art pieces.

I like the piped ambience music quite a lot. But when dinner came, this awful two-piece band started 'entertaining' us with their cover versions of country, pop, rock genres. It really ruined the romantic atmosphere. :((




That's all folks.


No comments: