Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Nice, Ville French, Eze


Arrived in Nice, France.  When we disembarked from the plane, what struck me was how the people were all dressed casually in resort wear while I was still strutting in my boots from the Paris flight. I felt really out of place in the bright sunshine walking among tanned tourists, so I decided to fit in. We rested for a while, then I changed into sometime casual and walked out....into a light drizzle! Wahhhhhh! *beat chest* It was getting cold but I decided that my pashmina shawl would do the job. Bad idea.

Anyway, above are pictures of the square in the shopping street, right outside Nespresso boutique. (If you made any purchase, you stand to savor a nice hot expresso and a choc.) Anyway, I thought the sculptures of the bald men on tall poles were cool. Bizarre, but cool.



We took one of these electric cars equipped with a pre-programmed GPS. It was a cool tour at a good price. Was only 50 euros for an hour's tour. We could choose the routes and it was fun to zip about in a ultra small car. I felt quite vulnerable among all the regular cars, and the top speed was only about 60km/h. So it was a little frustrating and stressful trying to change lanes. We had fun though.


Anyway, here's sunset at the famous beach.



And here's me missing my Tiger. The westies here are so super-cute with their round heads and short snouts. I need to find Tiger a European wife.


 At Ville-French Sur-la-Mer. This little town just 15mins off Nice is really quaint and has the nicest photo spots and a small beach for tanning. The only thing is that I was really melting under the hot sun, even with sunnies, hat and umbrella.


 There is a castle here....



...with a free exhibition of medieval figurines.

Souvenir shop at Eze Village. I like the turtle on the right with the cheesy smile.

It was a small village, but I love this place the most from among the places in Provence...


....and here's why....


One of the loveliest hotels on the French Riveria owned by an old lady who lived upstairs on the top floor. I know this because a friend who has cash to burn has stayed here before. Inside, be prepared to be awed by the awesome art collection.

Anyway, am tired. Will continue another day. This blogspot photos uploader is giving me such a headache.

No comments: