Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hafling & Merano

Here in Halfing, 10 minutes off Merano. It's on the way up to Merano 2000, a ski resort.

Here's a pretty but forlorn church atop a hill...definitely closer to God. It would be hard to bring friends though. And anyway the hall could probably take only 30 people at the most. (We peeked). 
We're right next to the stables in this pic. And it's freezing. Look at the clouds swirling about us. I really miss all the fresh air.

Doing a Marilyn Monroe right outside the church doors.

That's the hotel-restaurant called Balthof Sulfner (at least whatever I could make out of the Gothic font) in the background.


Pretty flowers everywhere in the hotel's garden. There were quite a lot of bees polinating. I almost sucked in one trying to smell the roses! Aack!

The hotel comes with a small playground for the little ones, and a small rabbit compound.

This little lop-eared rabbit is adorable. They live in a converted horse stable. Lots of space to play and burrow. Now, how you you eat rabbit meat in the face of this little bunny?

Car model?

Here's another shed with rabbits in them. The big white one was really violent when it came to fresh grass. I was causing a bunny stampede of sorts.

This little gal came to join the fun. Look, she's wearing 4 layers of clothes. I almost feel scantily clad. Haha!

Little Torro is just 2 weeks old. I hope he's spared the slaughter house. :(

Believe it or not, I have never been so close to cows before. So I decided to get up close and personal...
...too close for comfort perhaps. Okay...I didn't actually get kissed here. They're too smelly!
Here at Merano 2000...where I get to see tulips still planted in the soil. Usually when I see them, they're just part of the bouquet, ok?


Planning to come back during winter for some skiing already.


We went to Merano on the way back. We were supposed to horse ride but it had poured.

Why can't we have these cute little bushes on the pavements in Singapore?

It was very tempting to bulldoze my way through all these pastries and chocs. I was real good. Only one ice-cream today.




At the Duomo


The BMW C1. Would love to have this, except that it's a single-seater and it doesn't come cheap.


 The pope?


Hydrangeas, my favourite flowers growing everywhere!


This shop window reminded me of my westie at home staying with my friends.



More shop windows. 


Up next, the loveliest place in Italy...VENICE!



No comments: