Wednesday, July 28, 2010

One Community Walk @ Ponggol Park


In conjunction with YOG (Youth Olympic Games),  85, 000 people took part in a morning walk on 25th July, Sunday at 730am. Genecia Luo of InQueenz formed a Beauty Queen/Manhunt team of which I was a part, to support the event.


Here's us arriving in the morning at 7am. I had to wake up at 530am to get ready. It was a zzzz struggle, as I am definitely not a morning person. Nor a sporty person. The 3 of us took a photo while we were fresh, and me, barely awake. Incidentally, Tiger got the honour of being the only canine participant there.


Doing mass warm-ups... apparently, even though it was only a 2.2km walk warm-ups were recommended. (er, isn't walking itself a kind of warm up already?) My motor coordination skills are not fantastic so I was fumbling along trying to follow the actions. And dang...couldn't find my track shoes in the morning frenzy so I settled for my most comfortable wedges instead. Hehe, no one noticed but I felt rather out of place in them, and my soles smarted a bit after the walk, but other than that, it was bearable. 


Tiger patiently watched the action, secretly glad that he doesn't have to do them too. So...what's in his bag? Haha, as usual, plastic bags for his poo, and mommy's handphone and car key. Might as well be useful since he got to go out. Unfortunately, his stamina isn't fantastic, so for the last 20 min of the walk, I ended up carrying him and his yellow load. That was a biceps workout for me. This pooch weighs 8kg hor!


We were featured on the news! Tiger is famous!! 15 secs of fame. Ok make that 1 sec of fame. Cheap thrill, but it's always fun catching ourselves on TV.


Some photos with Minister of Foreign Affairs George Yeo. He really liked Tiger, saying "Cute dog" and "This is a really good dog!" along the walk. I was positively beaming from ear to ear when I told Mr Yeo I trained Tiger personally.






This is the whole team after the walk. Bet Genecia is sweating pailfuls of sweat. She was wearing tights under her track pants, and a tee under her tracksuit. Plus the long hair! How uncomfortable it must have been. Already, my long hair seems to be sticking to my skin and that was fairly irritating.


As you can see, we were all slightly sweaty at Bliss Cafe, where refreshments were served. This cafe is quite a tranquil spot. It is a great place to hang out close to nature, just beside the reservoir. They seem to be always crowded at night, according to a friend living close by.


This looks like a nice pic, but we were all very sticky from perspiration and it wasn't cool standing so close. Hold your breath everyone. Note to self: Need to soak that sash in detergent.


Raine had her virgin attempt at hosting this event. She was so upset cos some jerk told her that she was like a "blank piece of paper" onstage. On the contrary, I thought she did rather well for a novice. We had to give her lots of assurance. Poor girl felt so lousy after that until someone else complimented her on her effort. I could see she was close to tears by then, touched by his kind words. 


I look so puffy-eyed in this picture. At first I thought it was because I only had 4 hours of sleep, then later on I realized it was my undereye allergy getting worse. It was growing into a larger patch and was starting to itch. Unable to take it anymore, I went to the doc yesterday to get it checked out, and he gave me a jab, an eye wash, eye cream, scar cream, tablets and made me poorer by $170. Sigh, and I don't even know how something that started as a small spot under my eye would grow and swell and spread sympathetically to the other eye too. Worse thing is I was scheduled for a shoot a Nu You and even makeup couldn't hide the red swelling. I hope the DI (digital imaging) is good. Told my friend he better do a good job for me :p 


Last photo with a YOG volunteer in bright orange shirt, in my opinion, the worst colour to wear. Why do all these gahmen people always have such bad taste when it comes to tee-shirts??! I mean, how many people actually look glowing in orange? Almost everyone looks sallow. The only benefit I can think of is that team members can recognize their kind from ten km away in this neon tee. :0

No comments: